The location for Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, was chosen by the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR), and became a divisional point with freight shed and repair facilities. Another rail link was added in 1893 with the completion of the Soo Line. A branch line of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway (later the Canadian National Railways) also connected to Moose Jaw, making it a hub of rail traffic in the Canadian west.
From “Descriptions of the Townships of the North-West Territories Dominion of Canada between the Second and Third Initial Meridians.” Printed by MacLEAN Roger & Co., Wellington Street, Ottawa. 1886. p. 270.