This art-and-science-focused digital camp will inspire kids to observe and sketch the unique ecosystems around us. Campers will learn to look closely as they sketch natural history specimens from the Royal BC Museum collection, go on virtual tours, and we’ll make connections between wonders of biodiversity within and beyond our homes.
This weeklong camp has been co-created by the Robert Bateman Foundation and the Royal BC Museum.
To take part during this Camp(ish) week, you'll need a device to work from and access to Zoom video conferencing. Materials for activities will be common household items, and a list of what is needed will be sent out prior to the week.
- See the gallery spaces of the Royal BC Museum and the Robert Bateman Gallery of Nature, as well as behind the scenes
- Meet a variety of staff from the Royal BC Museum and the Robert Bateman Foundation
- Learn new artmaking skills
- Connect to nature through sketching
- Make a virtual museum display