Bizarre Beasts Camp
British Columbia supports an incredible diversity of animals, and some of them are wonderfully weird. This camp will take a look at some of the stranger ones, exploring why they are the way they are. Using the Natural History gallery as a jumping-off point, campers will even construct their own bizarre beast.
The camp will be hands-on in the museum galleries, in the natural history collection and out in nature, while we all embrace our inner weirdness.
Looking ahead to the summer? We have many camps to choose from:
- Maya Camp for ages 7-11 (July 8-12, July 15-19, July 29- August 2, August 26-30)
- Maya Camp for ages 10-14 (July 22-26, August 12-16, August 19-23)
- Half-day Mini-Maya Camp for ages 4-6 (July 22-26, August 19-23)
- Saturday Museum Day Camps for ages 10-14/ 7-11 (July 20 and August 24)
- NatureSketch: Art and Science Camp, with The Robert Bateman Centre for ages 8-13 (July 15-19)