Everyone has that awkward family photo in their album. The one where a family member is uncomfortable, uncool or unfortunately dressed. Share yours for a chance to win an annual family membership to the Royal BC Museum, a social media photography tool kit and a research session with our archivist to help you delve into your family history. Got an extra awkward family? Enter more than one photo!
Share old or new photos featuring whoever you consider family on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with the #RBCMFamily hashtag from May 8-28, 2017. Your photo will become part of a Facebook gallery where the public will vote for their favourite.
Who can apply?
The contest is open to all BC residents 18 or over.
When does the contest run?
- Contest opens May 8, 2017
- Contest closes May 28, 2017
- Contest prize winner is announced May 30, 2017
What will you win?
The winner gets
- One Annual Family Membership, valid for up to two (2) adults and three (3) youth ages (6 – 18 years), for the Royal BC Museum.
- Social Media Photography Tools consisting of
- One (1) Camkix Universal 3 in 1 Cell Phone Camera Lens Kit - Fish Eye Lens / 2 in 1 Macro Lens & Wide Angle Lens / Universal Clip (Black)
- One (1) Portable light
- A three (3) hour research session with a Royal BC Museum archivist at the BC Archives Reference Room
How do I enter?
Step 1: Share your photo on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #RBCMFamily
Step 2: Get your friends & family to vote for your photo on our Facebook gallery (one vote per person per day, so encourage them to keep voting each day throughout the contest period).
Please ensure you have the rights to both the photo and the permission of those individuals in the photo.
You are welcome to submit more than one photo.