Presented by the Royal BC Museum
Contest Opens on March 21, 2017
Contest Closes on March 24, 2017
Contest Prize Winners will be drawn on March 24, 2016
The Victoria Symphony Ticket Contest (the “Contest”) is intended to be conducted in Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian law. The Contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia who are the age of majority or older at time of entry. No purchase is necessary. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Please review these contest rules (the “Contest Rules”) carefully, and ensure that you understand and agree with them. Entry in the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest Rules.
NOTE REGARDING PRIVACY: Personal information required to enter the Contest, and optionally to receive additional information about the Royal BC Museum, is collected under the authority of Section 5 of the Museum Act (SBC 2003, c.12) and Section 26 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (RSBC 1996, c.165). If you have any questions about your privacy, please contact the Privacy Manager, 675 Belleville Street, Victoria, BC V8W 9W2, Tel : 250-356-0698, email: email@example.com.
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for the Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of British Columbia; and
- be the age of majority or older at time of entry; and
- correctly complete entry process.
Employees of the Royal BC Museum, IMAX Victoria, Sequoia Coastal Coffee, Truffles Catering, the Royal Museum Shop, Royal BC Museum Foundation, Victoria Symphony (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purposes of the Contest Rules, “immediate family" means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, including step-parents, step-siblings and step-children, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsors for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsors (or any of them) reserve the right to disqualify any entry or entrant in its or their sole discretion, should any entry or entrant at any stage contain and/or supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 and closes at 12:00 PM PDT (noon) on Friday, March 24, 2017 (the "Contest Period").
- HOW TO ENTER. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter, go to the Royal BC Museum website (royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/contest) to learn more about the Contest, the prize and Contest rules. Then proceed through the steps to enter via Instagram. Your submission will only be entered in the Contest if: you have commented on the contest Instagram post and tagged a friend. Each of these entry criteria must be met for your submission to be considered as a valid Contest entry. Entries cannot be submitted by any other means. Limit one entry per individual.
- No communications or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with the entrant selected for the prize.
There will be one prize awarded during the contest. A description of the Prize, including applicable conditions and restrictions, are as follows:
The Prize has an approximate retail value of eighty dollars (CDN $80), and comprises:
- Admission to the Victoria Symphony Family Concert on April 2, 2017 for two (2) adults and two (2) children
- CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Winners must use the family pack of tickets for the April 2, 2017 Family Concert at the Victoria Symphony. Should the Winners be unable to use the Prize on the dates and times designated by Sponsors, the affected Prize element(s) will be forfeited, and no refunds, credits or other compensation will be provided.
- Original tickets must be presented upon arrival. Tickets will not be replaced if lost, stolen, destroyed, altered or damaged.
- The Winners must comply with the Contest Rules.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash or any alternative prize, or any combination thereof.
- WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) winner shall be selected for the Prize as follows:
- On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 2:00 pm (PDT) in Victoria, British Columbia, one (1) potential Winner will be drawn, from all eligible and accepted entries received by the contest end date.
All decisions of the Sponsors will be final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
THE SELECTED POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA INSTAGRAM AND MUST GET IN TOUCH BY TELEPHONE CALL or E-MAIL TO THE PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL DIRECT MESSAGED TO THEM, NO LATER THAN THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS AFTER THE PRIZE DRAW DATE. If a selected potential Winner does not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize, and another potential Winner will be selected. Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected potential Winner to receive notification, or for any failure by the Sponsors to receive a selected potential Winner’s response.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Releasees or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Contest entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or any website related to the Contest.
- CONDUCT. By entering this Contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules, which will available on the Royal BC Museum website located at royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/contest throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website related to the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Royal BC Museum or other Sponsor property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website related to the Contest or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law or in equity, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
- PRIVACY/USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. By participating in the Contest, the entrant grants to the Sponsors the right to: (a) use his or her personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest; (b) use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (c) use his or her name and his or her respective city and province of residence in connection with any website related to the Contest and/or in any media now known or hereafter devised. Personal information will not be provided to any third party other than as provided for in these Contest Rules. Sponsors and any third party agents of the Sponsors will use personal information only for purposes related to this Contest. Personal information required to enter the Contest, and optionally to receive additional information about the Royal BC Museum, is collected under the authority of Section 5 of the Museum Act (SBC 2003, c.12) and Section 26 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (RSBC 1996, c.165). The Royal BC Museum will not share any personal information of the Contest entrants with any of the Sponsors, except where required for prize fulfillment. If you have any questions about your privacy, please contact the Privacy Manager, 675 Belleville Street, Victoria, BC V8W 9W2, Tel : 250-356-0698, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to copyright, trade-marks, trade names, logos, and designs in any forms, entries, promotional materials, web pages, software, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any trademarks, copyrighted materials or other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION. Sponsors reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- LAW. These are official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein, including procedural provisions but without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.