Mail: BC Archives, 675 Belleville Street, Victoria BC, V8W 9W2, CANADA
- General questions about our collections, catalogues, finding aids and how to search our website
- Questions about our policies and procedures
- Questions about the status of orders, and the access status and location of a limited number of records (up to 10)
- Requests for specific offsite records (up to 10 items)
- Requests for records use during partial-service hours (locker service)
- Detailed questions about our collections, catalogues and finding aids
- Requests for the access status and location of more than 10 record units
- Requests for more than 10 offsite records containers
- Requests for copies of specific archival records
- Requests for certified copies of documents required for court/legal purposes
- Requests made under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Note that while Archives staff will conduct limited research, they are unable to conduct general or in-depth research or extract information from records for individual clients. If a visit to the Archives is not possible, we suggest that you consider hiring a private researcher.
When sending your inquiry, please include your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. Please allow up to twenty (20) working days for a response.